The term customer in the text means a customer of Trucksolvers or it's representative, who places an order for a vehicle or component inspection.
1. Vehicle Inspections are prepared from visual and external checks only and are limited to the parts and/or items identified on the inspection sheet. Vehicle Inspections do not involve dismantling or disturbing any structure, assembly, component or internal mechanism.
2. Items which are listed on the reports, but which are not reasonably accessible on the checked vehicle will not be inspected. In such circumstances we will be under no obligation to inspect and/or report on the part/item in question and will mark the relevant section of the report accordingly.
3. Without prejudice to clauses 1 and 2 above, please note that amongst the items we do not check are: -
a) Oil and fuel consumption
b) Source of oil leaks
c) Brake lining material (other than what is immediately visible and can be seen without dismantling anything)
d) Brake fluid for contamination. (Brake fluid will deteriorate over a period of time and we advise that it be replaced as recommended by the vehicle manufacturer).
e) Operation of cassette, compact disc players or other in-car entertainment.*
f) Sound or radio reception, alarm systems and non-standard accessories. *
g) Cylinder compression.
h) Vehicle electrics and electronics* by the use of specific diagnostic equipment.
i) The accuracy of in-car computer systems (for example, but in no way restricted to, computers used for route finding, fuel efficiency or otherwise)
j) Exhaust emissions, using gas analysing equipment
k) Air conditioning function and efficiency* by the use of specific diagnostic equipment.
l) The vehicle under body by use of any raising equipment.
m) Brake efficiencies using a brake roller tester or decelerometer
n) Effectiveness of auxillary braking systems other than those that can be checked during a test drive without the use of specific diagnosis equipment such as a roller brake tester or decelerometer.
o) Clutch components for wear or damage.
*These items will be turned on and off only and will not otherwise be checked.
4. Vehicle Inspections can only describe defects actually found and/or which are reasonably capable of being found upon external visual consideration of the vehicle at the time of inspection. We cannot be held and are not responsible for any latent defects, which are later discovered. (We cannot advise about defects if we cannot see them, or if they are not apparent during inspection of the vehicle concerned).
5. Please note that the life expectancy of an exhaust or clutch system is uncertain and difficult to predict. Without prejudice to Clause 1 and Clause 4 above, the fact that such items have not been identified as faulty on the on the report does not, and should not be taken to imply that such a system will have a continuing life expectancy from the time of our check.
6. Any estimates on life expectancy of vehicle components such as tyres, suspension bushes, steering components, brake components and other items subject to wear and tear, are given without prejudice and and are purely a subjective assessment given by the engineer at the time and should not be taken as a definitive life expectancy.
7. Any estimates for repair/rectification given by the engineer in connections with a check reflect the subjective opinion of the engineer concerned and are given solely as a matter of goodwill. Customers should not rely on such estimates in making any decision with regard to the vehicle checked; an appropriate repairer should verify estimates.
8. Road testing is carried out within the immediate area of the vehicle check. If, due to circumstances outside of our reasonable control, a road test cannot be carried out of the time of inspection the original fee shall remain fully payable and an additional fee will be payable for any subsequent road test that we are asked to undertake. The customer is required to confirm to us that the vehicle requiring an inspection has a current MOT certificate; we will not be obliged to carry out a test drive if the customer is unable to confirm that the vehicle concerned has a valid MOT. The carrying out of a test drive does not mean that we have seen a valid MOT certificate.
9. It is the customers' responsibility to, and the customer must ensure that, proper provision is made (including the obtaining of any necessary permission) for our check to be carried out on garage premises or on an off-road site with adequate level hard standing. (We need enough room for our engineer to be able to walk round the vehicle and be able to tilt the cab and gain access to load area etc. There must also be enough room for our engineer to park his own vehicle close to the inspection site).
10. All fees and charges must be paid at the time of Inspection. In the event of cancellation by the customer we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee, the amount of which will be notified at the time of the booking.
11. We also reserve the right to charge an abortive fee of £50 (incl VAT) if, due to circumstances outside of our reasonable control, we are unable to carry out the inspection on arrival at the location (including, but not limited to, where this results from the customer's failure to make the arrangements referred to in clause 9 above).
12. We reserve the right to refuse to inspect or report on any vehicle, which appears to our engineer not to be of standard production, which have been modified or which have not been in regular use. In such circumstances we shall be entitled to refuse to carry out the inspection and charge the fee specified in clause 10 above.
13. All fees and charges shall, if applicable and at our discretion, be payable by deduction from any advance inspection fee paid by the customer or otherwise shall be payable by the customer immediately upon receipt of our request for the same.
14. In the event of dissatisfaction please contact us. We should be given the opportunity to re-inspect the vehicle and may need to do so to deal with the complaint.
15. We shall not be liable for any delay in performing, or any failure to carry out, an inspection to the extent that such delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside our reasonable control.
16. We shall not, in any event, have any liability or responsibility for any indirect, purely economic or consequential losses incurred as a result of or in connection with any check (including any non-occurrence thereof), whether resulting from breach of contract, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
17. Vehicle Inspections are supplied solely for the use of the customer and are not for the use of, or to be relied upon by, any third party and the customer shall be responsible for advising any such third party accordingly.
18. For the avoidance of doubt, under no circumstances will Trucksolvers be liable to any third party in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss (direct, indirect or consequential) which any third party may incur as a result of any information supplied by the report (save for any liability for death or personal injury caused directly by the negligence of Trucksolvers.)
19. Nothing herein will affect the statutory rights of a consumer under any applicable statute.
20. If any part of these terms and conditions are held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable the validity of the remainder of the terms and conditions will not be affected.
The laws of England govern these terms and conditions.